Friday, December 7, 2012

A side you didn't know

I don't think I've ever mentioned it on this blog, but I'm also a photographer.  By all means, not a successful, magazine-worthy, confident photographer, either.  I'm the kind of photographer that gets lazy and doesn't take things to my fullest potential.  The kind of photographer that, every once in a while, gets a fire under her butt and wants to put all that she is into making it work.  I'll admit, I don't pick up my camera every single day.  I could use some more practice.  But, at the end of the day, this is a passion that I have and I want to be able to enjoy it, love it, and be confident enough to say I am a photographer and not wait for someone to chuckle (because yes, I do).
I have been serious about photography for about a good year and a half, but have never put 100% into it.  I want to legitimize myself in all aspects and make it known that I'm not playin' around.  When I got married and moved, I googled 'lifestyle photographers' in my new area and found one who I just loved.  I reached waaay out of my comfort zone, contacted her, and met her and one of her photographer friends at Starbucks.  And, of course, now we are all friends.  We have continued to add more photographer friends to the group and I have learned sooo much from these gals.  The only catch is that, remember, I'm a coward?  An insecure photographer?  They are very supportive and answer any questions that I have, but I still feel like I'm not giving it my all.  I want to, but I think it's fear that's stopping me from diving in.
After the baby, Josh and I decided that I will only work one day a week, so I'm going to be a whole lot more dependent on getting things off the ground.  I just wish that I had the encouragement, the patience, and the guts to give it my all!  Josh can only be my cheerleader so much, then I know that I have to pull the old cheerleader out of myself and put her to work.

Anyway, just felt that I needed to vent and be vulnerable for a minute.  In case you're interested, my site is www.leilaninicolephotography.com and I'm on Facebook under the same name as well.  Hopefully you'll be seeing some serious change in it all soon!

1 comment:

  1. And here's the second coward photographer. Me. We should definitely do photography together in the future sometime :) Our babies can be our assistants.

    ReplyDelete