Wednesday, December 5, 2012

31 weeks

I really thought that I would be posting more this week since I have taken the whole week off, but as you can see, that hasn't necessarily been the case.  I have been doing everything around the house and stuck in the so-called nesting mode.  My baby shower was this past Sunday and what a blessing!  We had the shower at a historic home that was totally decked out in Christmas decorations.  It was so beautiful, full of faces I love, happiness, love, and food!  I felt so blessed by everyone's generosity!  After the shower, I was dying to get home and let Josh re-open it all and see it all again.  :)
When Josh returned the work the next day, I opened, organized, and washed everything!  I have never been more excited about laundry in my life!  Folding tiny clothes are so much more fun. :)  I was hoping that perhaps we would have the nursery done by the time I go back to work on Tuesday, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen.  There are a few more things that we need to finish off the room (glider and ottoman, pictures/frames, the bedding, shelves for the walls, and that cute little scentsy elephant) that will really fill it and make it perfect!  :)  

Tonight we are scheduled to go for the maternity center tour and I cannot wait!  It's going to make it feel realer than ever!  That reminds me that I want to have to the birth plan finished, my hospital bag started, and be pre-registered for the hospital before returning to work!  Man, it's all happening so quickly! :)  Can't believe I'll be full-term in 39 days.  Eeep!

Well, I am half way through my 31st week, but obviously I wasn't keeping this blog totally updated.  The only thing I can say has changed is that my body is so. Sore.  My pelvis is feeling achy, my lower back keeps getting a shooting pain (sciatic pain?), my upper back just feels so very tense, and my hips are sorer than ever.  I guess it's just the growing pains!  I can't say that I'm ready for it all to be over with, though!  I am definitely going to miss the big ol' rolls and kicks and hiccups, but I would rather be cuddling her in my arms. I cannot believe that she is 19 inches long and nearly 4 pounds!!  It's so crazy that I feel movements that are at least 10 inches apart (feeling from the outside).  I remember when I was only feeling those tiny little "pops" in the beginning and I would have to be touching the exact spot to feel it on the outside; now, there is definitely no missing it!  Josh and I can have all four hands on my stomach and be feeling something different in each area!  It's really an amazing thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment