Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 weeks!


Wooo hooo 30 weeks!!  I cannot believe that I will be waiting for her "any day" in 49 more days!  When I think about it that way, I feel sooo unprepared.  The baby shower will be this coming weekend, so I didn't want to go too crazy purchasing things; I am excited to see what we have left to buy next week!  Josh and I both took the week off, so he promised to have the nursery finished before returning to work.  Let's see how that goes! ;)

I wanted to take the picture below for one other reason: to remind myself that I was actually still going to the gym with Josh while this pregnant.  It really makes me feel good knowing that I have the energy and strength to go.  And honestly, the looks people give are a little bit more of a motivation. :)  Today, a girl (a really fit girl!) at the gym noticed that I needed the 10lb weights (that she had), so he offered them to me and said I was "so cute pregnant."  Thank you, fit girl.  Your compliment pushed me to work harder. :)  
I didn't brave the treadmill today, though.  A few days ago while running on the treadmill, I had a flash of fear rush over me.  Either I peed on myself or my water broke.  I swore by it.  I'm sure that the people around me were wondering why the heck I was running full force and then just jumped off!  Girlfriend needed to run to the bathroom!  Fortunately, it was neither haha!  As soon as I get running (heck, even walking!), baby wants to nestle her head even more into my bladder; definitely makes it much harder!  So, I think I will probably stick to the elliptical and weight-lifting for a couple days.  Give my daughter's rattling brain a break.  

I haven't noticed any changes this week other than my sweet tooth being tamable.  I have been able to "just say no" and satisfy my cravings other ways.  Like a chocolate-covered strawberry, for example. ;)  I'll act like the regular pancakes I make during the weekends didn't have chocolate chips in them today!  No, but really, it has been easier to turn the other cheek to.  
I googled the average weight gain for 30 weeks and it looks like I'm on the lower end of the window.  At least until I get to the Doctor's office and step on their broken scale.  I swear, that thing does not like me.  I've never gone and only seen a 2 pound gain; it's only been 5+!  Oh well, This just means baby is growing healthily and I'm happy for that. :)
My belly button still hasn't popped yet!  I thought it would be by now, judging by how shallow it was a few weeks ago, but it's just becoming more and more shallow.  I don't have that "linea nigra" yet either.  I know that some women never get it.  Bummer.  I want some of those weird pregnancy things happening over here (rather than indigestion and constipation!).
I think I'm at that point now where if people ask me how far along I am, I will give them weeks rather than months.  Technically, you're pregnant for 10 months but people don't think like that, so if I say I'm 7 and a half  months pregnant, they will look at me like I'm crazy.  Yes, I'm sure I'm 7 months pregnant and no, I'm not taking your "compliments" seriously because people know pregnant women are too emotional and are afraid to say to them "hey, fatty, cool it down on the chocolate and carbs!" 

Here's to a bowl of coffee toffee ice cream to celebrate 3/4th of the way done!! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment