Saturday, November 17, 2012

3d ultrasound at 28 weeks

As I mentioned in last week's post, we were scheduled to see our little girl via 3d ultrasound.  I was a little upset because we didn't get very good pictures.  I was under the impression that you had to drink massive amounts of water like with other ultrasounds, but they said that I wouldn't have to drink more than what I would in a normal day.  And before the appointment, the ultrasound guy had me empty my bladder (problems 1 and 2, in my opinion!).
During the ultrasound, baby girl had her head buried in my pelvis and the umbilical cord blocking her face.  After the umbilical cord moved, she moved both of her fists in her face.  We tried everything we could do to see her, but as my mother-in-law said, baby just wasn't ready for us to see her yet.  We would have to wait! Blah.  I also asked the guy if he could give me measurements and tell me how baby was progressing, but he said that this ultrasound was solely for fun and that they wouldn't be doing anything that would require a radiologist's review.  This also confused me because the reason the doctor recommended that we go to our OB office rather than those $50 ultrasound places was because they actually look for abnormalities, make sure baby is progressing like she should, and that all of the information that the radiologist gathered would be further reviewed by others.  She said that the other places, the people that they hire are pretty much "photographers" and not trained to do anything other than put gel on your belly and look around.  Whatever. I kind of think that maybe going there would have been a better route!  I didn't get anything out of this 3d appointment other than 13 very lousy pictures.  :/
I don't mean to complain about it and sound like I wasn't happy to at least see something of baby, because we actually did!  Right when he began the ultrasound, we saw her yawning and her eyes wide open (followed by stubbornness and sleepiness!).  We were very excited to share in the moment with his parents and be able to walk away with something.  Oh and side note, we saw a very clear shot of her ear, and she's got mama's ears!  Josh's earlobes are attached while mine aren't . . . neither are hers!  Based on the one solid picture we got, I think she's going to have his nose and my lips (a little bigger than his).  But, she's definitely going to have lots of daddy's traits, which is actually something that I'm proud of! :)

I was hesitant to post any pictures of baby because I wanted to keep it something special between Josh and I (and a very select few), but hey, I might as well!  I am posting the best 2d that we got, and also one of the worst 3d (just to leave a little something to your imagination!).  :)  Enjoy! :)


(hand in her face!)

No comments:

Post a Comment