Wednesday, November 7, 2012

27 weeks

I know I'm a bit behind on the weekly update, but better late than never, right?  It'll be a shorter one because I need to hit the hay!  Stayed up all night waiting for the election results . . .

I mentioned last week that I was due to go in for the glucose screening during the 27th week.  It wasn't that bad at all!  I thought it was going to be much worse, but it was just some nasty ol' fruit punch.  They haven't called me yet about any negative results, so I'm hoping that's a good sign!  I would really hate to change my "diet."  Oh, and speaking of diet . . .

Yeah, definitely didn't make it 36 hours with no sugar.  I don't know what I was thinking by making such a goal the day before Halloween!  There were too many cookies, candy, cupcakes, etc. around for me to resist.  Oye.  But, I have learned to be more conscious about it all and know when enough is enough (except for the trip to get ice cream after the doctor's appointment. shh!).

This week I thought I would be feeling her kicking in my ribs since she felt so close last week, but nothing yet.  She just feels way higher than she ever has.  Watching my belly move has definitely been my new favorite past time.

Oh and while at the doctor's office, I did something I swore I'd never do: make an appointment for a 3d ultrasound.  I just couldn't help it!  I want to meet her now, so this will be the closest we can get to that!  Josh and I invited our moms, so it will be us four seeing baby for the first time! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment