Monday, October 29, 2012

26 weeks

Yesterday my bump turned 26 weeks!  This is the last week of my second trimester, so I'm going to enjoy it!  :)  I hear it only gets worse from here on out . . . yikes!  But, in the end, I'll have my baby to celebrate! :)


Today, Josh and I had to go buy me a new jacket and workout shirts because this little mama cannot stay warm or workout with what I have!  I was pretty excited because I thought I'd be walking around with a stiff-looking pea coat that just isn't me, but the store had heavier sweater-feeling jackets, so I got one of those!  Then, I scored some workout shirts on clearance; I'm just hoping they'll fit me long enough (no pun intended)!  I'm actually getting tired of growing out of my clothes.  My shirts are becoming too tight and too short.  My pants aren't liking the size of my butt, and the paneling on the pants is getting uncomfortable, but after spending so much money on clothing that I can't wear after baby, I find it hard to justify spending so much money on it all!  

Speaking of clothes getting too tight, I really need to chill out on giving into my cravings.  I think third trimester is going to bring a huge, ginormous, ugly sweet tooth.  I cannot and I do mean cannot turn down sweets right now.  Psh even at the chiropractor this morning, he had a bowl of candy and I took 2 tootsie rolls and I don't even like those! 
(Oooo I just got an idea . . . I think this week I am going to go on a sugar fast.  YES!  Brilliant.  I'm going to fool the OB at my glucose screening.  And maybe the scale might adjust a little, too.  Sweet, so from this point on, no sugar until next Monday.  You're my witness, kay?)  I'll let you know how that goes next update! ;)

Changes that this week has brought on:
  • Baby hasn't been as active.  I'm thinking maybe a growth spurt?  I'm definitely feeling the 10 kicks/2 hours, but usually she's a lot more active than that.  
  • My hips are becoming more and more painful.  I've been asking Josh if we can get one of those little hand-held massagers (that look like a brush, but with nubs instead), but the places we've checked don't have any and I keep forgetting to check more places.  That's my goal this week.  It is sooo painful sleeping on my sides.
  • I thought that maybe I was beginning to feel Braxton Hicks contractions more often, but I think she's just pushing closer to the front of the uterus, rather than behind.  
  • My bladder will not empty completely!!  As soon as I leave the bathroom, I have to turn back around and do it all over again!  I think that it's because she's on my bladder, so it's not allowing it to empty.  I've tried it all, the rocking back and forth, totally relaxing my muscles, etc., but I guess she just wants her pillow!
  • I'm going to start wearing "Udder Covers."  I'm sure no other explanation is needed.  Baby girl is definitely not going to be malnourished, that's for sure! ;)
As I mentioned, next Monday is my glucose screening, so I will post about that appointment like it's the 27th week (even though it will be the first day of week 28).  Not going to lie, I'm scared to get on the scale!  All I have to say is that I'm glad I lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant.  Yikes!  


Well, here's to the end of second trimester!  Can't believe how fast time is flying!

2 comments:

  1. Checking out your blog from WTE! The ONLY things I've found that help my hips are a warm bath (or hot, but I only let it get up to my hips, as opposed to covering my belly and don't stay in too long) and a heating pad. The heating pad has been AMAZING to lay on the couch or in bed with. Turn it on before you go to sleep and just lay on it all night. It's actually helped me be able to move in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I remember experiencing all of that. And i mean all of it! I was scared of trimester 3 as well...but it wasn't bad at all! There was some more back pain and weight gain, but not as bad as people made it sound. You sound like you're doing just fine :)

    ReplyDelete