Wednesday, October 24, 2012

choices . . . or lack thereof

I quickly jumped onto the computer in hopes of finding a holistic pediatrician in my area and it has been everything but!  I have been researching quite a bit of information on vaccines, immunizations, etc. for Baby when she gets here.  I figured that if I'm not going to be prepared, I'll just cave in to whatever my OB recommends or tells me is best and I'll probably end up just going with it.  Not something that I want to do.  I would surely hate to walk out of Baby's first appointment, headless, because I refused a vaccine.

Ideally, I'd like a pediatrician that will respect my wishes and allow me to pass on certain vaccines if I wanted to.  I don't know how realistic this is in the medical world, but after a little research, it's definitely possible to find a doctor that fits that description.  It seems like all of the holistic pediatric offices are in Chicago or a suburb of, and I'm not sure it would be wise to have a doctor that far (just in case of an emergency).  What's a mama to do?!  I have asked a few friends for their opinions that are on the same page and am hoping I can get an answer.  Otherwise, I'm just going to end up taking her to an elder in an Amish community.  Kidding.

But I need some advice and insight on this!  I want to learn the dangers of what I may potentially putting into my daughter's body.  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment