Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sell it all!

I have a little problem.  A "sell all of the things" problem.  Ever since I can remember, I've gone through little phases where I am so much in love with a certain "hobby" that I want to turn it into something much bigger. Scrapbooking? Yeah, I'll have others pay me to do theirs! 
Photography? Well, that actually turned into something, but wasn't long-living because quite honestly, I hate (hate!) editing and going through each. and. every. photo.  I'd rather just photograph Keziah and be good at it.  Maybe one day I'll return to it with a new fire and passion, but for now, Keziah is my #1 subject. Headbands? I could be sooo good at this! It's fun! 
And now .... are you ready for it? Buntings!  Cake buntings!  Cupcake toppers!  I've even gone one step further this time: I'VE OPENED AN ETSY SHOP! Okay, maybe buntings aren't in huge demand, but hey, someone buys them, right?  Psh, I know if I had it my way, I'd have buntings for every room (including the bathroom) because they are just so darn cute and make you happy!  But see, here's what I've been thinking:  I will list the buntings and cake toppers that I've already made, but in the future, I'll just continue to add small things to the shop that I've done for Keziah and actually enjoyed doing.  If no one buys anything, at least I had fun and used it as my creative outlet!  This bunting love was fueled by needing one for her room and I loooved making it, so I made 8 more (what?!).  I've made headbands for Keziah and get asked "where'd you buy that?" Now I can tell them, My Etsy shop, duh. And I've got a big, ol', fat new project turning in my head and I pray, pray, pray it turns out the way I'm hoping (hint: has to do with leather and baby feet!).  If it turns out, I'll post something on here (maybe even a tutorial) ... but if it is a complete fail, we'll just move on and act like it never happened! ;)

My dream isn't to be the best shop on Etsy ... even if I only have 1 item sell, I wouldn't care ... these hands just need something creative to do.  Mama doesn't like being bored!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! I'll be sure to check out your etsy shop! I used to make headbands for Mya too, but once she reached a certain age she stopped wearing them. Makes me so sad because she looks so cute :(

    ReplyDelete