Friday, October 25, 2013

my job as a mom

Apparently, I actually do have some readers on this ol' blog.  They (well, you!) are ghost readers, and that's okay!  But, it's nice to know that people read and I'm not writing "just because."  I am the kind of person that finds joy in writing when I know others are going through the same thing, inspired, laughing, crying with me.  If you're reading, introduce yourself!! I love making new friends through social media! :)

Anyway, Keziah has her very first fever.  Breaks my heart.  She is still her laughing, smiley, giggly self ... just a very warm version!  As I was putting her to sleep tonight, rubbing her back, I got so teary-eyed!  I was thinking that when she's an older women, Lord willing, she will be holding one of her own littles, rubbing their back, comforting them as they are fighting sleep.  She will be worrying whether or not she's doing a good enough job, praying over them, asking and seeking guidance to be the best mother and wife that she can be.  One day, I'll be gone and all I can hope and pray for now is that I am investing and instilling the best that I can.  Every day I pray that God will keep her in the palm of His hand, guiding her along, and that one day she will seek Him with all of her heart and soul.  If she does that, well, my job as her mother has been successful.  God has used me for His glory.

Sorry to get all sappy on you, but my heart is heavy for her this evening.

Now that we have Keziah sleep-trained, I think I will be better about writing on here!  I don't mean to leave you all hanging for so many weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment