Sunday, November 3, 2013

First sickness

I never knew how moms did it: dealt with sick babies. Not that I was afraid of not being able to handle it, but that I wouldn't know what to do.  Keziah started getting a fever the other day. Was at 101.8 to be exact and I was definitely nervous. I'm the kind of person that always fears the worst, so my mind just goes all kinds of crazy directions. I sought some advice from other mamas and pretty much learned to just let it run its course (unless it gets above 103). So, I didn't want to interrupt her immune system's defense mechanism, so I let it ride. The next day she was normal again ...
Or so I thought.  Daddy brought home some kind of virus/cold and looks like it's getting the best of Keziah. Earlier today, she seemed a little off and sleeping more/longer than usual, so I was praying nothing would come of it. But after her (second!) nap today, she woke up with a nasty cough. Poor baby. Looks like she couldn't escape it. And here I thought breast fed babies were nearly invincible.  I'm just going to plug away at the vitamin C and hope that some of it transfers through to the milk and helps her out. I also read that elderberry works wonders, too so I'll have to go find some of that!!

God has blessed with me a superhuman immune system and now that I'm a mom and a Wife to another baby (shh!), I'm learning that it's definitely a blessing! Someone's gotta be well enough to care of the crew, right? ;)

I mean, look at this sad-looking Princess ... makes me sad.










No comments:

Post a Comment